If you were injured while working on a farm, the Kishish Law Group can help. Our experienced lawyers and staff have experience working with farmers and can guide you through the legal process. Call us today toll free at 1 (888) 402-5552 or use our contact form for a free and confidential case evaluation.
Agriculture is consistently one of the most dangerous industries in the United States. According to the National Institute of Occupational Health and Safety, every day roughly 167 people who work on a farm will suffer a work-time-loss injury. In 2012, 374 farmers or farm workers died from an injury suffered on the farm.
A personal injury lawsuit may help you cover medical costs or recover lost income due to your injury. Filing a lawsuit can also demonstrate the importance of agricultural safety and help improve a dangerous industry.
Can I sue for a farm injury?
Yes. If your farm injury was caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Our personal injury attorneys and staff will work with you to determine the strength of your case and who to hold legally responsible.
What are the most common farm injuries?
- Tractors. Tractors account for many of the fatal injuries suffered on farms. Some of these fatalities could be prevented with the installation of a Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) on the tractors. The CDC estimated that in 2012, 41% of U.S. tractors still lacked ROPS.
- ATVs. ATVs are commonly used for day-to-day farm operations and can be a source for injury.
- Storage facilities. Storage facilities like silos or manure storage areas can pose risks. In a silo, farm workers can be engulfed in grain. Many of these facilities lack harnesses that could prevent serious harm from grain engulfment. Toxic gases can be present in manure storage areas and can cause injury if a farmer is present in an enclosed area with the manure for too long. Falls or injuries due to structure collapse are also common.
- Operation of machinery. Machinery used on a farm can be dangerous. Entanglements in belts or chains of machines like hay balers can cause amputations or scalping, among many other injuries.
- Use of toxic chemicals. Exposure to toxic chemicals commonly used or produced on farms can cause dermatitis and respiratory illnesses. Some of these chemicals have been associated with the development of cancer.
Many other types of farm injuries occur. A 2014 study from the University of California-Davis suggested that farm injuries are among the most underreported across all workplace injuries. The researchers argue that not reporting injuries can shift the focus away from improving agricultural safety and burden government programs.
Do I have a farm injury lawsuit?
Jobs in agriculture rank among the most dangerous in the U.S. The Kishish Law Group will work with you to help you determine whether filing a lawsuit is a good idea and make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one suffered an injury on a farm or ranch, contact us today. Call toll free at 1 (888) 402-5552 or fill out our contact form.
DISCLAIMER: No attorney client relationship will exist between you and our firm until we enter into a signed Retainer/Services Agreement. Completion of this document is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a Retainer/Services Agreement. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. In some jurisdictions this website may be considered lawyer advertising. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Click here for more information.
Speak with a Farm Accident Lawyer
If you were in an farming accident contact Kishish Law Group to find out your options.
Contact a lawyer today for a free and confidential legal consultation.
Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat & Watercraft Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Countertop Silicosis
- Cruise Ship Injury
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Farm Accidents
- FedEx and UPS Accidents
- Firefighting Foam
- Food Poisoning
- Helicopter Crash
- Larry Nassar Michigan State
- Motorcycle Accidents
- NFL Concussion Settlement
- Slip and Fall
- Train Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Sexual Assault
- Wrongful Death