If you or a loved one were injured in a helicopter crash, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Contact the Kishish Law Group today for your free and confidential case evaluation by calling us toll free at 1 (888) 402-5552 or by completing our contact form.
In early 2020, the world was shocked to learn that a helicopter crash in California had killed basketball legend Kobe Bryant and eight other passengers. Though commercial airline flights on fixed-wing aircraft have never been safer, fatal helicopter crashes like the one that killed Bryant are becoming more common. According to numbers compiled by the United States Helicopter Safety Team, fatal crashes increased from 2016 to 2018. While in some cases no one could have prevented a crash from occurring, in many cases, somebody failed in their duty to provide a safe flight.
If you or your loved one were injured in a helicopter crash, you may have a case against those responsible for the crash. If the helicopter had faulty components from a helicopter manufacturer, utility companies failed to mark power lines, or the pilot of the helicopter made errors during the flight, you may be able to recover money from these parties. You can get money to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and, in some cases, you can also receive compensation for pain and suffering. Though this money will not reverse injuries or bring back loved ones, filing a lawsuit can send a message to responsible parties that they are not doing enough to keep our skies safe.
What causes a helicopter crash?
According to the International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST), the loss of control by the pilot is the most common cause of a fatal helicopter crash. Loss of control was a factor in one-fifth of fatal helicopter crashes. Other contributing causes of helicopter crashes include:
- Visibility issues like darkness, fog, glare, or other weather conditions. Visibility issues and loss of control together occur in up to one-third of fatal helicopter crashes.
- Striking a power line. Because helicopter pilots fly at lower altitudes, there is the chance that pilots may run into power lines. Power lines are often practically invisible to helicopter pilots while flying.
- Loss of rotor control or effectiveness. Helicopter rotors provide lift and control to the aircraft. If the main rotor or tail rotor fail, pilots cannot safely maneuver the helicopter.
- Helicopter part or engine failure. When in flight, nearly everything in a helicopter vibrates. This vibration puts stress on all of the parts, which can lead to damaged rotors or engine failure.
- Pilot error. Common errors by pilots include unintended ground impact, exceeding weight limits, or flying into hazardous weather.
What are the most common injuries in a helicopter crash?
Helicopter crashes can result in several types of injuries and are occasionally fatal. Studies of injuries in helicopter crashes and general aviation accidents have found a variety of injuries, including the following:
- Head injuries, including brain damage and skull fractures
- Internal injuries, including damage to organs like the liver, lung, heart, and spleen
- Burns, caused by post-crash fires
- Fractures to upper and lower limbs
- Open wounds
When helicopter crashes are fatal, blunt trauma is the most commonly reported primary cause of death.
Do I have a helicopter crash case?
Contacting a lawyer is the best way to determine if you have a helicopter crash lawsuit. A lawyer is in the best position to assess your situation and help you secure your maximum recovery. The Kishish Law Group's experienced lawyers and staff will listen to your story and walk you through your legal options. All of our case evaluations are free and confidential. Contact us today to talk about your helicopter crash by calling us toll free at 1 (888) 402-5552 or by completing our contact form.
DISCLAIMER: No attorney client relationship will exist between you and our firm until we enter into a signed Retainer/Services Agreement. Completion of this document is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a Retainer/Services Agreement. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. In some jurisdictions this website may be considered lawyer advertising. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Click here for more information.
Speak with a Helicopter Crash Lawyer
If you were involved in a helicopter crash, you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact a lawyer today for a free and confidential legal consultation.
Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat & Watercraft Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Countertop Silicosis
- Cruise Ship Injury
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Farm Accidents
- FedEx and UPS Accidents
- Firefighting Foam
- Food Poisoning
- Helicopter Crash
- Larry Nassar Michigan State
- Motorcycle Accidents
- NFL Concussion Settlement
- Slip and Fall
- Train Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Sexual Assault
- Wrongful Death